domingo, 1 de marzo de 2015

My recommendations for the 2015 Hugo Awards

(Disclaimer: English is my second language, so I want to apologize in advance for there may be mistakes in the text below. If you find any, please let me know so that I can correct it. I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.)

The Hugo Awards nomination period closes in just 10 days and, as per usual, I am still trying to catch up with my reading to complete some of the categories of my ballot. However, since some persons have expressed a difficult to understand interest in my recommendations, I want to share at least those works that almost surely I will be nominating (should I decide to add others, I might be editing this post to reflect them).

At the moment, my nominations for the main literary categories are the following:

Novel

  • The Three-Body ProblemLiu Cixin (my review)
  • Dark EdenChris Beckett (this is a 2012 book, but was published in the USA for the first time in 2014, so it is eligible and it is an awesome awesome novel) (my review in Spanish)
  • The Abyss Beyond DreamsPeter F. Hamilton (my review)
  • The Rhesus ChartCharles Stross (my review)

Novella



Novelette




Short Story



3 comentarios:

  1. I hope you might consider Stephan Martiniere for Best Pro Artist. His work last year was amazing. Please take a look at the covers for Shield and Crocus and The Immortality Game to get a good sample. He really deserves a nomination. Thank you!

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Yes, of course. I love Stephan Martiniere's work and it is very likely that I will include him on my ballot, together with Alejandro Colucci, Julie Dillon, Dan Dos Santos and Jon Sullivan.

    ResponderEliminar
  3. By the way, are you by chance the author of The Immortality Game? That one somehow flew under my radar when it came out, but I've just read the synopsis and it looks very interesting. I might give it a try if I find the time.

    ResponderEliminar